- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions asked.
- Nominate 11 other blogs (5 is going to have to do) and ask 11 new questions for them.
- Finally, list the rules and include the Sunshine Blogger Award logo somewhere in the post.
In the Life of Faith nominated me for this award! Thank you so much. You’ve been an inspiration to me lady. You’re beautiful inside and out ( I really like your chest tattoo!). Keep posting about mental health. It’s something a lot of people are afraid to talk about and I appreciate your courage.
Check out her blog here! https://inthelifeoffaithblog.wordpress.com/
How are you feeling right now as you settle into answer these questions?
- Right now in this moment I’m feeling a little sad. Today marks one month of my Dad’s passing. But I must say that there’s been more good days than bad. This just helped my day get a little brighter. 🙂
What type of days do you enjoy? Cloudy, sunny or rainy? Maybe foggy days?
- My favorite type of days are overcast rainy days. If there’s fog it’s even better! I don’t know what it is. Maybe it’s the smell of the rain or the idea that it’s a fresh start.
What do you treat yourself too? Whether it’s regularly or on special occasions.
- Hmm, this ones a hard one for me. . .I guess if it’s regularly it would be a good craft beer. North Carolina is home to a looooot of breweries and I work in a tap house every once in a while.
If I told you yellow is the color of happiness would you apply more yellow in your life? Why or why not?
- I personally think of yellow as a happy color, but because of color theory and psychology I actually know that the color yellow agitates people. However, that being said my parents living room is painted two different tones of yellow. So to answer your question, yes.
What’s your favorite (or go to) hairstyle?
- My go to hairstyle is the half up half down bun, or I twist my hair up and clip it. I hate having hair in my face, but I know I look better with it down. The struggle is real. I’d cut it all off back to a pixie, but the guy I’m dating likes it the length is mostly because he’s starting to bald. This actually an ongoing joke between us.
Do you contribute to your community? What is it that you do? if you don’t what would you like to do?
- I’d say I contribute my community. The event company I work for does a lot to bring arts to our community. Which is something that’s important to me. Our 2nd Friday art festivals were a big hit this summer. Even though I barely get paid and it’s hot as balls it’s totally worth it. We also started kindness rocks which have brought me a lot happiness. 🙂
What is something you’ve been wanting to do but have been putting off? (Stolen!)
- Getting my life together. . .No, seriously I just reorganized my closet and I’m going through all my belongs to see what needs to be trashed, donated, or can be sold. It’s been a huge project.
If we reverted back to the days of no cell phones, do you think you would survive?
- I like to think I’d be able to function without a cell phone and I’d probably love it because I like to unplug. But I have feeling it’s get old after a while and I’d want it back.
What are some goals you have planned for 2018?
- Actually just wrote down some goals for 2018! By my 23rd Birthday (March) I’d like to be celebrating it in New York City and end up sleeping in my new home there. I’m making some big moves come 2018. I’m scared and excited all at once!
What is something you are proud of?
- Something I’m really proud of. . .My degree. I’m really glad that I was able to achieve something and I worked my ass off. Now if I could just get a job. . .
What advice would you give to someone in need? To someone that is struggling?
- Considering I feel like I’m struggling all the time the first thing I’d probably say is take a moment a take a deep breath, unclench your jaw, and try to release any other tension in your body. Then I’d say that whatever your feeling is valid. That we’re all humans and life can be really hard. And if you need to be a burrito of sadness and watch Disney movies then you do that, but remember to dust yourself off and get back again! You’re stronger than you think, prettier than you think, and doing way better than you think!.
Questions for Nominees:
- What’s your best childhood memory?
- If you won the lottery ( So say $112 Million) how would you spend it?
- What’s your happy song? Like if your sad and you hear this song it completely changes your day and why?
- Who do you admire the most in life and why?
- If you could have dinner with anyone dead or alive who would it be and why?
- What’s a skill you’d like to learn? What’s keeping you from it?
- What’s something off your bucket list?
- If your life was a movie or a book what would you title it? Why?
- What does the word love mean to you?
- What bad habits do you want to break?
- What did your life teach you yesterday?
I’m completely devastated by the events that took place last night. Waking up this morning I did not expect to see 30 plus people marking themselves safe on Facebook in the “Violent Incident in Vegas”. I was utterly confused.
I walked down stairs to where my mother was streaming the news and I was in complete shock. I started crying as my heart was breaking and my were glued to what was happening on TV screen. I couldn’t look away.
Then I snapped back to reality. For those of you who don’t know I spent this time last year in Las Vegas working for Cirque du Soleil’s Beatles LOVE as their Stage Management intern. I was living with some of my best friends while I was there and while working at this show I became part of the LOVE family. I still talk to a lot of the performers in this show on social media.
So I instantly went in to panic mood as I had no idea if my loves ones were safe. My best friends were at the Route 91 Saturday. I was receiving SnapChats from them all night. I had no idea if they were there last night. Not to mention the amount of people I know who were working this concert as a local or in the surrounding hotels at other shows. I mean Vegas is one of the entertainment capitals of the world.
I took a deep breath and texted my friends. I went to the interviews I had planned this morning and remained calm. I knew that my friends were probably up all night or their phones were dead. One by one I saw on Facebook friends checking in and posting that they were home safe. It’s amazing how social media is being used as a tool to communicating in these situations.
I finally received the text message from my friends. They were home safe and hadn’t gone last night. Which I was grateful for. I was planning a trip to Vegas but I wasn’t planning on it being this month and being because of something so terrible.
Las Vegas for me is a place I called home. I fell in love with it while I was there and left a piece of my heart there when I left. I’ve been saying for months that I’ll probably move back there eventually because that’s how much I loved this city.
Once again a tragedy has struck something in the entertainment industry. Theatre, concerts, and musical festivals are suppose to be places for people to escape reality and somehow bad people keep ruining it for everyone. They keep taking people’s safe places from them. And we keep letting them . . . As an entertainment professional the first thin i do whenever I’m in a venue is asses where all my exits are and what I would do in certain emergency. Why as a Stage Manager in our emergency protocol do we include “In Case of an Active Shooter”. What has our world come to?
As I was still feeling helpless and heartbroken at noon today I decided to do something about it. My best friend told me how after work today she was going to bring water, Gatorade, snacks, and other supplies over to one of the blood donation centers to give out to everyone waiting to donate. So I sent her $15 to help cover some of it.
Then I made an appointment with my local American Red cross center and so did my Mom. I had posted about in on Facebook and another friend made their appointment to donate tomorrow. I also shared the link to the American Redcross where you could donate money instead if you couldn’t give blood. I raised $30. Which isn’t a lot, but a donation is a donation.
I was tired of people being so quick to politicize this. 58 people died and 527+ were injured. The numbers keep climbing. This truly is a massacre and one of the deadliest shootings America has ever seen. But right now we all need to lay down our political opinions and love our neighbor. Stop trying to blame a political party, the President, or legislation. Instead do something that will actually make a change.
If you can go make a difference. In the days to come the American Red Cross will need your blood donations if able. One donation saves about 3 lives.
It’s been amazing to see people of every religion, race, political party come together to support this crisis. We are all human and we all bleed red. Show some compassion for your fellow-man in the next few days. . .
My heart is with Vegas.
You’re nectar of the Gods for us mere mortals everywhere. I thank you for your magical abilities to make my mornings better. I shouldn’t really even say just mornings… Mornings, afternoons, after dinner, or to pull an all nighter. Your dark brown liquid is there and mighty tasty I might add.
You’ve been there for me always. Whenever I needed you you’re just a short brew away. The earthy aroma that your beans give off is one of the best smells in the whole wide world.
Your caffeine has powered me through some of the hardest moments when I’ve only slept for an hour. My favorite part of the day is my first cup of the day. Outside, on my porch, with the birds chirping, and a gentle breeze. I cherish this time we have together. You’re always there for me whenever I need you. So thank you!
There’s so many different ways to enjoy you as well. Hot, cold, frozen, blended, espresso, French pressed, Turkish, and the list goes on and on. You are loved world wide. You’re always my go to when I’m meeting someone new.
You can turn an entire day around too! Days I go without you I feel like a part of me is missing. Sorry to the tea lovers out there, but you’ll always come first in my book!
Here’s to coffee and all the people who love you. May you enjoy it however which way you like it. Black, cream and sugar, milk, a latte, whatever!